Kali Linux is the mostly offensive Operation System used worldwide for penetration testing OS, mostly used by Black Hat’s. Kali contains several hundred tools which are geared towards various information security tasks, such as Penetration Testing, Security research, Computer Forensics & Reverse Engineering.
It is preinstalled with over 300 penetration-testing programs, including Armitage , nmap (a port scanner), Wireshark (a packet analyzer), John the Ripper (a password cracker), Aircrack-ng (a software suite for penetration-testing wireless LANs), Burp suite and OWASP ZAP (both web application security scanners).
So Yea, lets get started for a new beginning…
Prerequisites before starting the Installation process
1. Of course we need a rooted device, so if you’re not rooted yet follow this tutorial
2. Recomended at least 5 Gb of free space either on SD cars or Internal Storage
3. Patience, Yes lot of Patience to successfully install Kali Linux on Android. But Chill, this tutorial will make it lot more easier
Tools & Applications required to Install kali linux on android
- Terminal Emulator
- VNC Viewer
- Linux Deploy
- And the last one is our Kali Linux Image file of nearly 2 gb but takes around 5 gb uncompressed.
Make Sure you meet all the prerequisites conditions and all the tools & apps are downloaded.
Install all 6 apps, Open SuperSU and give root permission to Linux Deploy, BusyBox and Terminal Emulator.
Now We let’s start installing the OS
1. Extract kalilinux.FULL.ext4.20131031.zip it to a folder using WinRAR or your file manager if you’re on Android. There will be two files name Kali_Linux.img and Kali_linux.img.md5 copy the Kali_Linux.img file to the Android Device.
2. Create a folder either on internal storage or external storage, name it kali & remember the directory. [External storage is recommended ]
3. Go to Settings>Developer Options Then turn on USB Debugging
4. Open BusyBox and make sure you have given the root permission for the all the application downloaded in SuperSu. Terminal Emulator and Linux deploy also need root permission.
5. Open BusyBox app click on Install to Replace symlink with BusyBox Application.
6. Now, click on the install button and wait till it completes the installation process.
8. Open Linux Deploy, grant root permission if it asks for. Click on the properties button up on your right thumb.
Next will be promted with series of options regarding the type of Installation you need the important would be the Distribution, Architecture, Distrubution suite and Installation path i would recommend leaving others in default to Install kali linux on android
9. Choose “Kali Linux” as distribution and Architecture “armhf”
10. Put the source path as you have saved your kali_Linux.img file on your storage. You miss out this step the whole installation will go wrong so be Careful.
11. Keep the installation type as “File” & Distribution suite as “Rolling”
12. Enable SSH | VNC & mount points to mount android file system on linux.
13. That’s all now if you have completed all the steps and given Kali_Linux.img path correctly then just click on play and Your Linux Should Fire Up.
14. If you have not downloaded the OS then click on install, it will start installing online. Wait till see Deployed on your screen.
15. Next just simply click on Start to boot Kali Linux. once all the loop device mounts up and ssh and vnc starts without any error. Next step would be simply connect to the Linux System by using VNC viewer or JuiceSSH. I had use JuiceSSH and VNC Viewer for android.
16. Open Vnc viewer in the Address form type localhost or 127.0.0.1 or the Ip address displayed on the linux deploy. which is 127.0.0.1::5900 type the password aaa2a710 you will get the Graphical User Interface of the Linux system.
17. To access Linux through terminal use JuiceSSH username is android and password is aaa2a710. type sudo -i to get root on the linux system. Now we don’t need to get our laptop to hack anyone we can just do it using our Android phone make sure you’re carrier provides port forwarding.
That’s It ! Happy Hacking
Do Let us know your outcome in the comment section .